The First MACJR'S Mini-Verse² Forum
Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
cybnetic

Avatar / Picture

White Dwarf
Registered:
Posts: 519
Reply with quote  #1 

Well have we not seen this before..... several time even. we help someone thinking one thing and then this happens, we give them tons of money , weapons, food. and they resort to this again.

I am sorry to say this but these backwards, primitive thinking people need to grow up or a big smackdown. this has gotten out of control all over again. In my opinion, as usual, its time for an enema ...


 
LAHORE, Pakistan (CNN) -- The United States has urged Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf to sever his links with the military and reinstate civilian rule.
art.police.lawyers.ap.jpg

Police confront lawyers protesting aginst the state of emergency in Lahore Monday.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, speaking at a news conference in the West Bank Monday, said Musharraf, who imposed emergency rule Saturday, should stick by his previous pledge to step down as the country's military chief.

"We believe that the best path for Pakistan is to quickly return to a constitutional path and then to hold elections," Rice said.

"It is also true that President Musharraf has said that he will take off his uniform. That would be an important step."

President Bush is scheduled to address the situation from the White House on Monday.

By imposing a state of emergency, Musharraf suspended Pakistan's constitution and put elections that had been scheduled for January on indefinite hold. Musharraf says it is part of "a phased manner to move towards complete democracy," according to a statement from his office.

But Rice disagreed.

"So much has happened over the last several years to try and pull Pakistan away from extremism, to try to launch Pakistan on a democratic path, to launch Pakistan on a path toward the return to civilian rule," Rice said. "And our disappointment is that this is a setback for that path."

U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Anne Patterson and other senior ambassadors -- including Britain's -- met with Musharraf on Monday to raise Washington's concerns with the "heavy-handed" measures taken in Lahore on Monday, senior U.S. officials told CNN.

President Bush is scheduled to address the situation from the White House on Monday.

Rice's comments came as police, wielding batons, clashed with lawyers and journalists Monday outside the courthouse in Lahore.

Video showed plainclothes security officials herding protesters onto large buses, sometimes dragging them through the streets, as uniformed officials shot tear gas canisters in an attempt to control the demonstrations

The confrontation took place as more than 1,500 lawyers were arrested across the country -- 1,200 in Lahore itself and more than 300 in Faisalabad and Karachi -- with police blocking roads leading to courthouses in major cities.

__________________
13.0.0.0.0 1.618 (solstice)2012
Gematria,the true constant of the universe
Kirock

Avatar / Picture

Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 472
Reply with quote  #2 
I don't even know what to cay Cyb? I just watched this on the CBS Evening News, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. When will they/we ever learn? Every time they do this and start a new government system everything goes back to zero. Its like the old Roadrunner/Coyote cartoons, always back to the Acme drawing board. And I don't mean that to be funny, it was always funny in the cartoons, but this is real life and people never seem to learn!
 
Things are going reasonably well in Afghanistan, things are calming down for the people of Iraq, North Korea has started to cooperate with other world nations, Iran has backed off a little, and now this happens. How has this country ever managed to survive for 200 years without constantly changing its government? Maybe that is why it has been able to survive, as a nation, until we were able to get to the place where we could maintain a stable government?
MACJR

Avatar / Picture

Solar Power
Registered:
Posts: 1,904
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirock
I don't even know what to cay Cyb? I just watched this on the CBS Evening News, and it just keeps getting worse and worse. When will they/we ever learn? Every time they do this and start a new government system everything goes back to zero. Its like the old Roadrunner/Coyote cartoons, always back to the Acme drawing board. And I don't mean that to be funny, it was always funny in the cartoons, but this is real life and people never seem to learn!
 
Things are going reasonably well in Afghanistan, things are calming down for the people of Iraq, North Korea has started to cooperate with other world nations, Iran has backed off a little, and now this happens. How has this country ever managed to survive for 200 years without constantly changing its government? Maybe that is why it has been able to survive, as a nation, until we were able to get to the place where we could maintain a stable government?

As unhappy as most people are with our government... I would not be too surprised if this nation ends up in a big mess government meltdown soon.

 

I mean, these days it is not just that democrats who hate the republicans and republicans who hate the democrats, more and more of the common people are growing to hate both parties and their imbecilic method of running our government (into the ground).

 

Few people like the Bush administration and fewer still like Congress. This is a recipe for unrest and forced change… government crackdowns on the people and the people rebelling back.

 

As for problems with Islamic states... I think it is unfair to say that only they are having problems. The Middle East just happens to be the hot spot right now but as imperfect and fallible as the leader types tend to be, you can bet that other nations, Christian nations, will be in a state of unrest sooner or later.

 

It seems that it is human nature for those at the top to get too greedy and neglectful of their people’s needs and for the people to have a limit on how much neglect and having their pockets emptied by their government and their big business owners.

 

This problem of corrupt governments and greed to excess seems to be a world-wide problem right now. This cannot bode well for any of us.

 

 

MACJR


__________________
“They can shoot me dead but the moral high ground is mine!” The 10th Doctor
Kirock

Avatar / Picture

Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 472
Reply with quote  #4 

Actually I’m not all that unhappy with my government, and I can’t name half a dozen family members or friends who are. Sure there are little things I disagree with, there always are and there always will be. But we use the democratic party system to work them out without violent ‘revolutions’ every so often, and constant changes of governments. You will never see extremists in this country working behind the scenes to cause a situation like you are seeing in Pakistan this very night.

I am not saying that only ‘they’ are having problems. I’m saying where we use a democratic party system to resolve disputes, the nations in that area of the world tend to change governments instead of working through their problems the way other nations, one of which just happens to be ours, do.

I don’t give a crap what religion any nation is, I’m talking about politics. One of the main reasons it seems like Islamic nations find themselves in this state repeatedly is because they do believe that the government should be based strictly on religious principles. It would seem that these ideas are not conducive to a stable government. As much as we complain about the way more and more religion is being stripped from our government, maybe we should step back and consider that is just what helps keep our government stable.

MACJR

Avatar / Picture

Solar Power
Registered:
Posts: 1,904
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirock

Actually I’m not all that unhappy with my government, and I can’t name half a dozen family members or friends who are. Sure there are little things I disagree with, there always are and there always will be. But we use the democratic party system to work them out without violent ‘revolutions’ every so often, and constant changes of governments. You will never see extremists in this country working behind the scenes to cause a situation like you are seeing in Pakistan this very night.

I am not saying that only ‘they’ are having problems. I’m saying where we use a democratic party system to resolve disputes, the nations in that area of the world tend to change governments instead of working through their problems the way other nations, one of which just happens to be ours, do.

I don’t give a crap what religion any nation is, I’m talking about politics. One of the main reasons it seems like Islamic nations find themselves in this state repeatedly is because they do believe that the government should be based strictly on religious principles. It would seem that these ideas are not conducive to a stable government. As much as we complain about the way more and more religion is being stripped from our government, maybe we should step back and consider that is just what helps keep our government stable.

I know plenty of people who are very unhappy with our government.

 

And, yes, usually in a democratic governmental system you can vote for change if you do not like where things are going... but Kirock, what happens when the majority DO NOT LIKE EITHER PARTY in a two party system???

 

From the polls and such, right now, here in this country, the majority do not like either party. There does not seem to be any good options to vote for anymore.

 

I do agree about keeping religion out of government though. Unfortunately, it seems that religion is gaining a bigger and bigger footprint in our elections now though. How long before religion takes over here too?

 

 

MACJR


__________________
“They can shoot me dead but the moral high ground is mine!” The 10th Doctor
waltcesca

Avatar / Picture

Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 1,885
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACJR
 

How long before religion takes over here too?

 

MACJR

Take over, or REclaim? Remember; this country was actually founded on teh PRINCIPLE of religion and MOST of our Federal buildings have lot's of religious icons and writting throughout! Not to mention the prayers starting and ending ALL Federal Congressional meeting, the swearing in if our leaders using the BIBLE, etc.

No, in MY opinion, while religion has caused the deaths of many, MANY people over the centuries, EVERY great advance IN killing people came out of SCIENCE! How else could one say that IF we only stayed religious in EVERY aspect of our lives, would we have EVER crossed the various oceans and came up with BETTER ways to KILL those we met? Religion did NOT invent the atom bomb, scientist did. It wasn't the clergy that invented VX, once again, a scientist did! Global Warming accelerated by humans? Wasn't because a church came up with the horseless carriage, it was, in fact, a scientist. So; the number of people killed over the years because of religion is still higher than from science, it is only because science has been kept down through the years and only now is widely acceted. It is behind, but quickly trying to catch up! Religion made being corrupt only rofitable for a 'small' area of influence, science has opened that sphere to a much larger arena and, like religion, is being (has been?) corrupted by politicians! But, mark my words, the next 'war' won't be a clash of religions, it'll be really between science and religion. Unfortunately, religion WON'T win this battle, they just don't have the beakers to mix the right mass killing drug, the right bomb-making materials, the right viruses in their churches!
No, in the end, science will win, but nobody will be around to celebrate! Sop, which one is truly 'bad'?

__________________
I am what I am and that's ALL what I am!
MACJR

Avatar / Picture

Solar Power
Registered:
Posts: 1,904
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltcesca
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACJR
 

How long before religion takes over here too?

 

MACJR

Take over, or REclaim? Remember; this country was actually founded on teh PRINCIPLE of religion and MOST of our Federal buildings have lot's of religious icons and writting throughout! Not to mention the prayers starting and ending ALL Federal Congressional meeting, the swearing in if our leaders using the BIBLE, etc.

No, in MY opinion, while religion has caused the deaths of many, MANY people over the centuries, EVERY great advance IN killing people came out of SCIENCE! How else could one say that IF we only stayed religious in EVERY aspect of our lives, would we have EVER crossed the various oceans and came up with BETTER ways to KILL those we met? Religion did NOT invent the atom bomb, scientist did. It wasn't the clergy that invented VX, once again, a scientist did! Global Warming accelerated by humans? Wasn't because a church came up with the horseless carriage, it was, in fact, a scientist. So; the number of people killed over the years because of religion is still higher than from science, it is only because science has been kept down through the years and only now is widely acceted. It is behind, but quickly trying to catch up! Religion made being corrupt only rofitable for a 'small' area of influence, science has opened that sphere to a much larger arena and, like religion, is being (has been?) corrupted by politicians! But, mark my words, the next 'war' won't be a clash of religions, it'll be really between science and religion. Unfortunately, religion WON'T win this battle, they just don't have the beakers to mix the right mass killing drug, the right bomb-making materials, the right viruses in their churches!
No, in the end, science will win, but nobody will be around to celebrate! Sop, which one is truly 'bad'?

Hmmm, you seem to forget that science is paid for, and used by, those of religion just like it is by everyone else. It still goes right back to religion as the majority of the ones who uses science in destructive ways.

 

And yes, the great old days of early America… and witch hunts, torture, scarlet letters, killing off of the natives and stealing their land, and all those great things the early religious leaders brought to this country. Weren’t those the great old days? I hope you see my sarcasm there.

 

I don't know where you fear of science comes from, Walt. It seems misplaced to me. You should really fear the people who pay for destructive science (our leaders, both political and religious), and those who use science in bad ways (our leaders, both political and religious), not scientists in general. As I have said time and time again, in general, most scientists are just out to make a living and actually come up with some very handy things that make all our lives easier, more entertaining, and longer lasting.

 

If there were no market for science meant only for killing, and no one used that science, then no evil scientist could make a living. Getting rid of all science because of those who create bad things that are used by bad people is all find and dandy if you want to live in a Stone Age culture with an average live expectancy of about 25 years. Fine for some but I will pass if given a choice, thank you.

 

 

 MACJR


__________________
“They can shoot me dead but the moral high ground is mine!” The 10th Doctor
waltcesca

Avatar / Picture

Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 1,885
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACJR

 

If there were no market for science meant only for killing, and no one used that science, then no evil scientist could make a living. Getting rid of all science because of those who create bad things that are used by bad people is all find and dandy if you want to live in a Stone Age culture with an average live expectancy of about 25 years. Fine for some but I will pass if given a choice, thank you.

 

 MACJR

LOL, no, not fear of science, just, as my feelings towards religion, an inherent distrust of those (that is ANY of those) that claim to be working for MY well being and MY safety and life! As with ALL facets of life; ANY of it could be and has been used for evil, to collect power and control over others. This is the human tragedy and comedy! I still believe, however, what science has given us is still not quite equal towhat science has allowed to be taken away from a world-wide historical outlook. Here in America, however, science HAS done much to keep OUR lifestyle comfortable. However, I also believe religion has done the same thing. BUT: as with ANYTHING & EVERYTHING in life, MODERATION is key!!! Too much Religion, you turn into an Amish person, or possibly a RELIGIOUS TERRORIST! Too much science, you lose art and poetry, life beomes robotic! And, like the other extreme, you sudenly find yourself doing things to MAKE others see as you do! (see evironment psychos!).  Oh sure, I am afraid, afraid of a world that loses the moderation needed to keep life worth living.


__________________
I am what I am and that's ALL what I am!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

Back to Top Forum