The First MACJR'S Mini-Verse² Forum
Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
nannyjo

Avatar / Picture

White Dwarf
Registered:
Posts: 1,154
Reply with quote  #1 

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0308_060308_all_fours.html

 

"Family Walks on All Fours, May Offer Evolution Insight, Experts Say

Five adult siblings who can walk only on all fours have been found in Turkey, researchers say. These human quadrupeds may provide clues to how humans evolved to stand on two feet. "

 

Snip....

 

"Born with a genetic brain abnormality, two of the sisters and one of the brothers are thought to have only walked on all fours their entire lives. The two other siblings can walk upright for short distances."

 

Just an interesting story to share.....


__________________
Stay open to the possibilities.
Move without fear. Trust in those who love You
MACJR

Avatar / Picture

Solar Power
Registered:
Posts: 1,904
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannyjo

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0308_060308_all_fours.html

 

"Family Walks on All Fours, May Offer Evolution Insight, Experts Say

Five adult siblings who can walk only on all fours have been found in Turkey, researchers say. These human quadrupeds may provide clues to how humans evolved to stand on two feet. "

 

Snip....

 

"Born with a genetic brain abnormality, two of the sisters and one of the brothers are thought to have only walked on all fours their entire lives. The two other siblings can walk upright for short distances."

 

Just an interesting story to share.....

 

Well, that certainly looks awkward. This is why it is not a good idea to marry or have children with a close cousin or sister.

 

Although, I have heard that the risks of deformity and retardation may not be as high as some say. Even so, this kind of evidence seems to indicate that the risks are real.

 

 

MACJR


__________________
“They can shoot me dead but the moral high ground is mine!” The 10th Doctor
cybnetic

Avatar / Picture

White Dwarf
Registered:
Posts: 519
Reply with quote  #3 
We believe that is "far" more to our history than what we know. I do believe we have made signifcant findings in last few years. I do hope that we find more.




__________________
13.0.0.0.0 1.618 (solstice)2012
Gematria,the true constant of the universe
ManInBlack

Avatar / Picture

Giant Star
Registered:
Posts: 309
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACJR


Although, I have heard that the risks of deformity and retardation may not be as high as some say. Even so, this kind of evidence seems to indicate that the risks are real.

MACJR


Quote:
Originally Posted by cybnetic
We believe that is "far" more to our history than what we know. I do believe we have made signifcant findings in last few years. I do hope that we find more.



Are you saying that deformity and retardation is our history Cyb? Or incest?

I think we're going to start assuming when you say "our" and "we" you're talking about yourself.


__________________
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
chevy

Avatar / Picture

Moderators
Registered:
Posts: 481
Reply with quote  #5 

Deformities and retardation are rarely stemmed from inbreeding.  Other causes usually factor into the equation.  Many of them start in the womb from exposure to disease or other maladies introduced to the embryo.

 

The article refers to this foursome as evolutionary throwbacks, not mentally retarded.  The article further suggests the cause to be a genetic defect and indicate a form of cerebellar ataxia, a condition that affects the brain's cerebellum.


__________________

It's a turtle thing
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

Back to Top Forum