The First MACJR'S Mini-Verse² Forum
Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Questmaker

Avatar / Picture

White Dwarf
Registered:
Posts: 782
Reply with quote  #1 
Awesome episode. We got to see all the previous bad wolf references. I saw one that I had missed in The Unquiet Dead.
I had to laugh the most at Captain Jack's make over, especially when he pulled out that weapon.
I also loved the Doctor's reaction to the loss of Rose. Jack's reaction was great too, like when he saw Rose's jacket in the TARDIS, but not nearly as good as the Doctor's.

nannyjo

Avatar / Picture

White Dwarf
Registered:
Posts: 1,154
Reply with quote  #2 

I loved the whole reality show satire... ours might not be quite as extreme as what they were showing, but it is scary that it feels like there is a similarity.  How many people DO tune in just to see the pain of others... emotional mostly, but pain all the same.

The "Bad Wolf" happened a LOT more than I remembered it. It's neat that the writers had a plan through out the year not really an "arc" but just a small thread to bind things together.   Pretty funny how the Doctor laughed about the phrase last week and how seriously he took it this week.

LOVED the "Jack Show"  "Ladies your ratings just went up!"  and the "Where were you hiding that??!!  Give me that accessory!"

Does anyone remember how many episodes have been on?  It doesn't seem like that many to have a season finale already.  It seemes even stranger to have had three(?) two parters in the year.

So I think we pretty much all know that there will be a new Doctor after this, but what I don't know is if there is ever any explination for the new face.  Does one doctor "die"  go out with a bang... lose face... anything?  Or does he just wake up looking different one day?

The Doctor's challange/threat was pretty cool...CE pulled that off REALLY well.


__________________
Stay open to the possibilities.
Move without fear. Trust in those who love You
Questmaker

Avatar / Picture

White Dwarf
Registered:
Posts: 782
Reply with quote  #3 
reply to nannyjo

Quote:
I loved the whole reality show satire... ours might not be quite as extreme as what they were showing, but it is scary that it feels like there is a similarity. How many people DO tune in just to see the pain of others... emotional mostly, but pain all the same.

They did take things to the extreme didn't they? Kind of makes you wonder just how far reality shows will end up going. Will someone really have to die before they realize that they have gone too far?


Quote:
LOVED the "Jack Show" "Ladies your ratings just went up!" and the "Where were you hiding that??!! Give me that accessory!"

That part had me rolling too. Also the part where Jack was checking out the droid's mammaries.

Quote:
Does anyone remember how many episodes have been on? It doesn't seem like that many to have a season finale already. It seemes even stranger to have had three(?) two parters in the year.

13 Much shorter than the standard US seasons

Quote:
So I think we pretty much all know that there will be a new Doctor after this, but what I don't know is if there is ever any explination for the new face. Does one doctor "die" go out with a bang... lose face... anything? Or does he just wake up looking different one day?

You have to wait and see. I don't want to ruin it for you.

Quote:
The Doctor's challange/threat was pretty cool...CE pulled that off REALLY well.

Yes he did. In fact I thought that this one was one of his best performances to date.


MACJR

Avatar / Picture

Solar Power
Registered:
Posts: 1,904
Reply with quote  #4 

I enjoyed this episode too... but maybe not as much with the Captain Jack stuff. 

 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to next week's conclusion. As much as I try to avoid them, I have seen a few glimpses here and there of what’s to come and it should be good.

 

I do hope SciFi will take up the next season with the Tenth Doctor. I am hearing some good things about David Tennant.

 

 

MACJR


__________________
“They can shoot me dead but the moral high ground is mine!” The 10th Doctor
MysticStar

Avatar / Picture

Yellow Star
Registered:
Posts: 195
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questmaker
Awesome episode. We got to see all the previous bad wolf references. I saw one that I had missed in The Unquiet Dead.
I had to laugh the most at Captain Jack's make over, especially when he pulled out that weapon.
I also loved the Doctor's reaction to the loss of Rose. Jack's reaction was great too, like when he saw Rose's jacket in the TARDIS, but not nearly as good as the Doctor's.

 

I saw those references to a bad wolf a lot in the series, but I dont get what they were meaning unfortunately.  Its probably me being dense or something, but I just didnt get what they were meaning.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

Back to Top Forum